Trainee Tax Assistant
We’re looking for a university graduate or someone looking to start their career in Finance to join our busy Finance team as a Trainee Tax Assistant. This is a permanent role and based in central Bristol. Study support towards obtaining ATT qualification is provided.
WHAT THE TRAINEE TAX ASSISTANT JOB INVOLVES:
Within this trainee role you’ll be provided with the opportunity to start your career in Finance with a focus on becoming a tax expert.
With training, you will take responsibility for the preparation of the Group’s tax returns, tax reporting and tax records. You’ll also be assisting the Group Tax Manager with the submission of the tax affairs of the Group and supporting the team in maintaining the Group’s tax governance. This role will also see you:
- Supporting with audit requirements
- Assisting with monitoring the group’s tax risk
- Supporting with tax compliance for the joint venture funds and overseas requirements
- Dealing with ongoing HMRC correspondence
So, if you're looking for a career with great development potential, where you can be customer focused, results driven, work on your initiative and have fun doing it, you've come to the right place.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU:
Although you may not have worked in the student accommodation sector before, it’s important to us that you’ll have the following:
- A strong academic record
- An ambition to develop a career in Finance
- Inquisitive and a motivated self-starter, happy to take the initiative
- Evidence of working in a fast paced, high change environment
- The ability to manage multiple demands effectively
- Professional discipline and structured approach to work
- A positive and collegiate attitude, with the ability to respond swiftly to challenges
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word and Excel